Friday, July 29, 2011

BYFROST - Of Death


A band that comes from Bergen, Norway, has enough hype to make the listener wondering what to expect. I mean, other than brutality and aggression. The trio here exists for about 4 years now, and this is their second full length album so far. Right from the first song, the listener can't help but notice the wise mixture of the above mentioned aggression, with various melodic elements, something that makes their music a bit more catchy, without sacrificing power and brutality. Their music is a mixture of Black and Thrash, all blended into a high octane cocktail. The songs are very good, with very few less good moments, with a groovy feeling that helps them stick into your mind, with some melodies here and there to spice things up and an excellent musicianship. The band is quite talented, and this is obvious from their performance, but a special mention needs to be done for the drummer, who is absolutely perfect. It was really hard not to bang my head along with the rhythm, and I have to add this to the pros of this album. So, if you are into this kind of stuff, then get your hands on this album, and torture the neighbors while listen to it.

8/10

2 comments:

James said...

Thanks for reviewing this band on your site. I have never heard of them before, but I just previewed their 2010 album, "Black Earth", & it's right up my alley. I look forward to this next relase. Do you know when it will be out?

Unknown said...

Good morning James

According to the press kit it was released at the end of June. I haven't heard their previous one, but I'll check it out whenever I have the chance.