Wednesday, September 07, 2005

YOB - The Unreal Never Lived


This is the forth album of the US Doom band from Oregon. The band is playing Doom Metal, slow and distorted, with plenty of style and music changes into the, already very big, arrangement. Although, I am not the biggest of the fans of this style, I can't overlook the fact that the music has a groove and it's catchy in it's way. I caught myself banging with the rhythm, more than once or twice. The first thing that the listener will notice here is the distorted guitar riffs, and the black and moody atmosphere of the album. With music that needs more than just a couple of listenings, this album is not what I would call an album ideal when driving, but that's not what was written for. Check them out, if you are into such a style.

7/10

No comments: